Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sunlight

So, if we talk often, you know I LOVE prescribing meaning to seemingly ordinary things. I'm an NF. It's what I do!

I am trying so hard to get a tan. If you're like me, you have to sit in the sun for a long time before your skin begins to change color. I find myself wondering how long it will take before I will actually see the change.

I was sitting outside this morning when I realized that my relationship with God is a lot like trying to get a tan. The more time I spend in His presence, the more my very being reflects Him. Each encounter with Him brings more abundant life and greater change in who I am. Like any tan, an absence from God's presence causes our character to fade. It is my highest hope that people see His reflection in the way I try to love them, serve them, and honor them. Think about it, we don't have to do anything to get tan. We just sit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment