Sunday, May 15, 2011

Clueless

Pretty sure I never saw this coming. Oops. My bad.

It's kind of like arriving somewhere and not being able to remember how you got there. At this 'destination,' my schedule is different, my relationships are starting to look very different, work looks different, rest looks different. Many of my dreams are coming true and I have no idea how.

Maybe I'm just not used to dreams becoming reality...
  • Amazing provision
  • Turning my ring
  • Going overseas to do missions
  • Amazing community
  • Getting to invest in people and see them grow
  • People of peace
Recently, it dawned on me that this was really happening and it became this kairos that required my almost immediate attention. In previous seasons, I've kind of known what to expect and I've done my best to brace myself for what was coming. In this season, I am completely and utterly clueless and totally okay with it.

This time, it is so different. I find myself living in the middle of my dreams, not even knowing that they started without me. When I asked Jesus about it, He said that these things were the tangible breakthroughs of the work that He had been doing beneath the surface of my heart. Essentially, He made them happen. I didn't.

It still continues to blow my mind that my life isn't about making things happen. The way I live my life is an active response to what God is already doing. I love the kind of freedom this creates - There is no trying or working hard. There is only following His footsteps and feeling easy and light about it.

I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment