Monday, January 17, 2011

Reality

I'm an idealist, in case you haven't figured it out yet. I can easily sit for a whole afternoon and think of possibilities, yet do nothing. The prospect of what could be distracts me to the point of ignoring what is.

So I've been learning that, in reality, life isn't fair.

In reality, that guy I barely knew who seemed like he could be amazing really wasn't.

In reality, I probably can't live 36 hours of life in 24.

In reality, not every person I talk to will take my advice to heart.

In reality, not every Christian who needs to understand Jesus' heart for social justice will immediately understand and jump on board.

And that's when I realize that, the more I commit myself to what God is doing and surrender my dreams completely to Him, the more I'm okay with reality and the way things are.

In reality, Jesus came so I could have life and have it to the full.

In reality, I have an important role to play in God's dream to reclaim all that is good in the world.

In reality, I get to invest my life in the amazing women in my huddle.

In reality, Jesus is making my dreamboat husband more like Himself everyday.

In reality, Jesus' love is greater than life itself.

In reality, I get to draw a great deal of authority from the intimate relationship I have with God.

In reality, the more I am faithful with the things God has given me, the more I will be given.

In reality, I get to enjoy peace and hope as fruits of deep relationship.

In reality, I have been given the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven.

I still dream, but I recently feel much less compelled to. Reality is just too good.


No comments:

Post a Comment