Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall-right with Me

As I'm writing this, I'm sitting at Cabin Coffee, a pumpkin spice chai sits next to me, and I am being serenaded by Colton Avery (At least I'd like to think so). I love this.

I know it's only been fall for a week and it's still over 100 degrees outside, but I love it so far. It's like the physical marking of a new season, you know?

I started a new season in life last month and that's going ... alright. Sometimes I catch myself off balance, but I feel empowered that I'm actually noticing and making changes as I go. I'm realizing more and more that this is a harvest season. That's cool because that's totally a theme of fall. It's also cool because I'm seeing things spring to life around me. It's not just that they're springing to life, it's that I'm reaping God's goodness in so many ways. I love His sense of humor in putting those things together just for me.

Things I love about fall so far:
-My new mac :)
-My lovely friends
-Hot drinks at Cabin Coffee (But only when the A/C's cooling down the place!)
-Urban Plunge
-Royal at the Market

Things I'm looking forward to:
-Rocking a beret on a regular basis
-Hot drinks at Cabin Coffee (Regardless of A/C)
-Hiking any time of day
-College Weekend
-Cardigans

I know that harvest season doesn't last all year long, nor do we sometimes realize that it's happening; but for right now, I'm diggin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment