Tuesday, September 21, 2010

21!

I waved goodbye to my golden year yesterday.

This was my absolute favorite birthday ever. I got to celebrate with my parents on Saturday at Bucca Di Beppo and cheer at 12:01 am with some of my favorite people ever. Some of my good friends stopped in at work to wish me happy birthday yesterday and then I had a pomegranate margarita, some awesome Oggi's pizza, and watched Prince of Persia with everyone last night. I feel so intensely blessed and favored with everything that's happening in my life right now. And I still have my fabulous birthday party to look forward to on Friday!

This past year has been my favorite year ever. It was the year that I grew the most spiritually, experienced depth and life in my relationships, and started to understand God's heart so much more than I ever had before. Some of my favorite things from last year:
  • Starting Louder Than Words
  • Interning with Chris
  • Huddle with Kelsi
  • Getting to know my two best friends
  • Colorado trip
  • Leading my first mission trip
  • CCCSM as a whole
  • Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
  • Portland in the fall

From that, I know that the next year of my life is going to be even better. I don't know what God has for me and I refuse to speculate about that, but I am excited about growing even deeper with Him. I know that He has so much more for me than I could ever even comprehend at this point in my life. If twenty was any indication of intense growth, twenty-one is going to be full of invitation and challenge.

Aaaaand my favorite season of the year starts in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment